JAMWiki 0.1.2 is now available for download. This release fixes a major bug with non-ASCII character support that affected some users, includes numerous parser fixes, resolves several cross-site scripting vulnerabilities reported by NickJ, and includes numerous other fixes and cleanups. See the README.txt and CHANGELOG.txt files for additional details about this release. Additional information and documentation can be found at http://jamwiki.org/.
JAMWiki is distributed as a WAR file that can be deployed like any other WAR file. After restarting the web application server view the URL http://www.yourserver.com/context/ to begin the configuration process (context is the web application context root). For existing JAMWiki users see the release notes for upgrade instructions.
IMPORTANT: While reasonably stable, the JAMWiki code is undergoing rapid development and should be considered beta software, not suitable for deployment on production systems. Feedback and bug reports are requested and can be left at http://jamwiki.org/wiki/en/Bug_Reports.
- BUG: Resolve issue with non-ASCII characters for translated languages.
- BUG: Fix parser issues with lists followed by HTML or Wiki text.
- BUG: Fix style handling for Wiki tables.
- FEATURE: Implemented Wiki pre-formatted text syntax (space + text).
- BUG: Make parser paragraph handling more intelligent.
- BUG: Multiple empty lines of text should be parsed as empty paragraphs.
- BUG: Allow Wiki markup in headings.
- BUG: Do not display section edit links during preview.
- BUG: Fix numerous cross-site scripting vulnerability reported by NickJ.
- FEATURE: Remove numerous hard-coded message strings, including those thrown in exceptions.
- FEATURE: Updated Chinese and Hungarian translations from ewen0930 and bDaneE.
- FEATURE: Remove the RSS code. Will be implemented differently in a future version of JAMWiki.
- FEATURE: Remove the "history list" code - it was unused.
- FEATURE: Move default topic pages into a language-specific directory to allow for future translations.
- FEATURE: Simplify the "Printable page" code, remove the option to print X number of pages.
- FEATURE: Make the generated HTML more XHTML compliant.
The process for upgrading JAMWiki is:
- Download the latest JAMWiki WAR file.
- Back up all database and/or file data prior to upgrading.
- Back up the jamwiki.properties file and the log4j.properties file that can be found in the /WEB-INF/classes directory.
- If you have created any virtual wikis, back up the web.xml file that can be found in the /WEB-INF directory.
- Install the new JAMWiki WAR file. See your web application server's documentation for instructions.
- Copy the files backed up in steps three and four back into their old locations, overwriting any new files.
- View any page on the Wiki. You will be redirected to the upgrade page and any required upgrade steps will be automatically performed.