JAMWiki 0.1.3 is now available for download. This release fixes several bugs that affected the WebSphere and Resin application servers, as well as an issue that prevented configuring a database using the "ansi" database option. See the README.txt and CHANGELOG.txt files for additional details about this release. Additional information and documentation can be found at http://jamwiki.org/.
JAMWiki is distributed as a WAR file that can be deployed like any other WAR file. After restarting the web application server view the URL http://www.yourserver.com/context/ to begin the configuration process (context is the web application context root). For existing JAMWiki users see the release notes for upgrade instructions.
IMPORTANT: While reasonably stable, the JAMWiki code is undergoing rapid development and should be considered beta software, not suitable for deployment on production systems. Feedback and bug reports are requested and can be left at http://jamwiki.org/wiki/en/Bug_Reports.
- BUG: Configuring a database with the "ansi" option failed and throws errors for subsequent database queries.
- FEATURE: Add better exception handling for errors thrown during the setup process.
- BUG: Fix Resin issue by making JAMWiki taglibs more standards-compliant.
- BUG: Fix Resin issue with CSS by not setting response encoding in the JAMWikiFilter.
- BUG: Update upgrade message to not escape URL.
- BUG: Update property file loading to fix WebSphere issue.
The process for upgrading JAMWiki is:
- Download the latest JAMWiki WAR file.
- Back up all database and/or file data prior to upgrading.
- Back up the jamwiki.properties file and the log4j.properties file that can be found in the /WEB-INF/classes directory.
- If you have created any virtual wikis, back up the web.xml file that can be found in the /WEB-INF directory.
- Install the new JAMWiki WAR file. See your web application server's documentation for instructions.
- Copy the files backed up in steps three and four back into their old locations, overwriting any new files.
- View any page on the Wiki. You will be redirected to the upgrade page and any required upgrade steps will be automatically performed.