JAMWiki 0.3.0 is now available for download. Major updates in this release include:
- Support for Mediawiki categories (see http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Category).
- New Special:Manage GUI for deleting topics and updating topic permissions.
- Support for undeleting topics.
- Fixes for issues with the diff functionality.
- Several other fixes and cleanups.
See the README.txt and CHANGELOG.txt files for additional details about this release. Additional information and documentation can be found at http://jamwiki.org/.
JAMWiki is distributed as a WAR file that can be deployed like any other WAR file. After restarting the web application server view the URL http://www.yourserver.com/context/ to begin the configuration process (context is the web application context root). For existing JAMWiki users see the release notes for upgrade instructions.
IMPORTANT: While reasonably stable, the JAMWiki code is undergoing rapid development and should be considered beta software, not suitable for deployment on production systems. Feedback and bug reports are requested and can be left at http://jamwiki.org/wiki/en/Bug_Reports.
- FEATURE: Add support for Mediawiki categories.
- FEATURE: Add Special:Categories.
- FEATURE: Add Special:Manage, remove Special:Delete.
- FEATURE: Add support for undeleting a topic.
- FEATURE: Drop jam_image table - unused.
- BUG: Possible null pointer exception in file persistency mode, pointed out by User:garem.
- BUG: Image uploads in file persistency mode set wrong path.
- BUG: Fix possible PageInfo corruption. Pointed out by Scott Crocco.
- BUG: Upgrade to javadiff 1.0.5 to fix several diff issues.
- BUG: Parser was not parsing links of the form [[#Section]] properly.
- BUG: Parser was not parsing links with parentheses (such as [[Ajax (programming)]]) properly.
- BUG: Some file input/output streams not properly closed when in file persistency mode.
- BUG: Database upgrade rollback could fail.
- BUG: Software version could be updated even if upgrade unsuccessful.
- BUG: Topic names beginning with "Special:" should not be allowed, but topic names containing apostrophes should be allowed.
- FEATURE: Major parser architecture updates. Parser should be slightly faster when parsing edits.
- FEATURE: Fix reloading of recent changes in ANSI database mode.
- FEATURE: Special:AllTopics renamed to Special:Allpages for Mediawiki compatibility.
- BUG: Categories and images no longer displayed on Special:Allpages.
- FEATURE: Delete activation.jar - unused.
- FEATURE: Code cleanups including removal of unused files.
- FEATURE: Updated German translations from Axel Kramer (axelclk).
- FEATURE: Updated Hungarian translations from bDaneE.
The process for upgrading JAMWiki is:
- Download the latest JAMWiki WAR file.
- Back up all database and/or file data prior to upgrading.
- Back up the jamwiki.properties file and the log4j.properties file that can be found in the /WEB-INF/classes directory.
- If you have created any virtual wikis, back up the web.xml file that can be found in the /WEB-INF directory.
- Install the new JAMWiki WAR file. See your web application server's documentation for instructions. Note that, if possible, any existing JAMWiki files should be deleted prior to upgrading.
- Copy the files backed up in steps three and four back into their old locations, overwriting any new files. You may also need to re-copy your JDBC jar file.
- View any page on the Wiki. You will be redirected to the upgrade page and any required upgrade steps will be automatically performed.