JAMWiki 0.3.1 is now available for download. Major updates in this release include:
- Support for Mediawiki redirects (see http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Redirection).
- New Special:Move GUI for moving topics to new locations.
- Better handling of non-image files.
- Danish translations from Anders Monrad (g9adm).
- Several other fixes and cleanups.
See the README.txt and CHANGELOG.txt files for additional details about this release. Additional information and documentation can be found at http://jamwiki.org/.
JAMWiki is distributed as a WAR file that can be deployed like any other WAR file. After restarting the web application server view the URL http://www.yourserver.com/context/ to begin the configuration process (context is the web application context root). For existing JAMWiki users see the release notes for upgrade instructions.
IMPORTANT: While reasonably stable, the JAMWiki code is undergoing rapid development and should be considered beta software, not suitable for deployment on production systems. Feedback and bug reports are requested and can be left at http://jamwiki.org/wiki/en/Bug_Reports.
- FEATURE: Add support for Mediawiki redirects (#REDIRECT [[Topic]]).
- FEATURE: Add Special:Move.
- FEATURE: Add jamwiki:linkParam tag, remove jamwiki:encode and jamwiki:decode tags.
- FEATURE: For non-image files, [[Image:File]] should display as a download link.
- BUG: Apostrophes were not being escaped by the parser.
- BUG: <pre> tags might not be closed by the parser.
- BUG: Use of the edit resolve functionality with a section edit could cause the resulting edit to splice together too much text.
- BUG: Upgrade could fail if no user logged in. Reported by colinbes.
- BUG: Login page displayed the wrong login message.
- BUG: Do not allow user names that vary only by case ("user" vs. "uSer").
- BUG: Fix issue with browsers that encode URL as UTF-8 instead of ISO-8859-1.
- BUG: Remove extra "/" that could sometimes appear in image URLs.
- BUG: Fix topic undeletion when in file persistency mode.
- BUG: Do not display option to change permissions if topic is deleted.
- FEATURE: Uploading a second version of an image should add a record to the recent changes.
- FEATURE: Updates made using Special:Translation will now add a record to the recent changes page and save a version of the translated file.
- FEATURE: Danish translations from Anders Monrad (g9adm).
- FEATURE: Updated German translations from Axel Kramer (axelclk).
- FEATURE: Updated Hungarian translations from bDaneE.
The process for upgrading JAMWiki is:
- Download the latest JAMWiki WAR file.
- Back up all database and/or file data prior to upgrading.
- Back up the jamwiki.properties file and the log4j.properties file that can be found in the /WEB-INF/classes directory.
- If you have created any virtual wikis, back up the web.xml file that can be found in the /WEB-INF directory.
- Install the new JAMWiki WAR file. See your web application server's documentation for instructions. Note that, if possible, any existing JAMWiki files should be deleted prior to upgrading.
- Copy the files backed up in steps three and four back into their old locations, overwriting any new files. You may also need to re-copy your JDBC jar file.
- View any page on the Wiki. You will be redirected to the upgrade page and any required upgrade steps will be automatically performed.