JAMWiki 0.3.4 is now available for download. Major updates in this release include:
- log4j has been replaced with the java.util.logging package for logging. See the upgrade instructions for details on updating the log configuration.
- Signature patterns are now configurable.
- Ability to move a page over an existing redirect has been added.
- Polish language support added by Robert Matyja (dlpa).
- Numerous other bug fixes and cleanups.
See the README.txt and CHANGELOG.txt files for additional details about this release. Additional information and documentation can be found at http://jamwiki.org/.
JAMWiki is distributed as a WAR file that can be deployed like any other WAR file. After restarting the web application server view the URL http://www.yourserver.com/context/ to begin the configuration process (context is the web application context root). For existing JAMWiki users see below for upgrade instructions.
IMPORTANT: While reasonably stable, the JAMWiki code is undergoing rapid development and should be considered beta software, not suitable for deployment on production systems. Feedback and bug reports are requested and can be left at http://jamwiki.org/wiki/en/Bug_Reports.
- FEATURE: Make signature patterns configurable.
- FEATURE: Display comments and contributions links on history page.
- FEATURE: Split up recent changes page by date.
- FEATURE: Use java.util.logging for logging, remove log4j.
- FEATURE: Display "n" on changes pages for new topics.
- FEATURE: Do not display redirect syntax as an ordered list.
- FEATURE: Add the capability to move a page over an existing redirect.
- BUG: Correctly parse table cells that contain links of the form [[Topic|Text]].
- BUG: Fix issue with shared library files not being loaded.
- BUG: Modify search engine initialization to avoid setup errors.
- BUG: Correctly maintain file history when redirecting using file persistency.
- BUG: Topic names containing percent signs ("%") caused errors. Fixed.
- BUG: Do not display option to change user login in Special:Account.
- FEATURE: Allow additional symbols such as quotation marks in topic names.
- FEATURE: Be more restrictive about characters allowed in user logins.
- FEATURE: Validate system settings during upgrades.
- FEATURE: Add instructions for performing a manual upgrade.
- FEATURE: Clean up the layout of the Special:Admin page.
- FEATURE: Sort property values alphabetically.
- FEATURE: Add validation checks to Special:Admin.
- FEATURE: Add additional validation checks to Special:Setup.
- FEATURE: Remove beta warning from the Special:Translation tool.
- FEATURE: Updated Hungarian translations from Daniel Tar (bDaneE).
- FEATURE: Updated Chinese translations from ewen0930.
- FEATURE: Updated German translations from Axel Kramer (axelclk).
- FEATURE: Added Polish translations from Robert Matyja (dlpa).
The process for upgrading JAMWiki is:
- Download the latest JAMWiki WAR file.
- Back up all database and/or file data prior to upgrading.
- Back up the jamwiki.properties file and the logging.properties file that can be found in the /WEB-INF/classes directory.
- If you have created any virtual wikis, back up the web.xml file that can be found in the /WEB-INF directory.
- Install the new JAMWiki WAR file. See your web application server's documentation for instructions. Note that, if possible, any existing JAMWiki files should be deleted prior to upgrading.
- Copy the files backed up in steps three and four back into their old locations, overwriting any new files. You may also need to re-copy your JDBC jar file.
- View any page on the Wiki. You will be redirected to the upgrade page and any required upgrade steps will be automatically performed.
- If the upgrade fails consult the UPGRADE.txt document for details on performing a manual upgrade.
NOTE: For JAMWiki 0.3.4 the logging configuration has changed. Existing users will need to update the /WEB-INF/classes/logging.properties file with values appropriate for their environment.