JAMWiki 0.3.5 is now available for download. Major updates in this release include:
- Support for interwiki links has been added (example: [[Wikipedia:Main Page]]).
- Add pagination support for pages that display numerous results.
- Numerous simplifications and cleanups to the parser code.
- Numerous other bug fixes and cleanups.
See the README.txt and CHANGELOG.txt files for additional details about this release. Additional information and documentation can be found at http://jamwiki.org/. Note that users of DB/2 and Microsoft SQL Server may encounter errors as support for those databases is experimental at this time; bug reports are appreciated.
JAMWiki is distributed as a WAR file that can be deployed like any other WAR file. After restarting the web application server view the URL http://www.yourserver.com/context/ to begin the configuration process (context is the web application context root). For existing JAMWiki users see below for upgrade instructions.
IMPORTANT: While reasonably stable, the JAMWiki code is undergoing rapid development and should be considered beta software, not suitable for deployment on production systems. Feedback and bug reports are requested and can be left at http://jamwiki.org/wiki/en/Bug_Reports.
- FEATURE: Add support for topics of the form "Topic/Subtopic".
- FEATURE: Support for interwiki links ([[Wikipedia:Main Page]]).
- FEATURE: Re-engineer link handling to simplify the code.
- FEATURE: Add pagination support.
- BUG: Fix error on Special:Categories when in file persistency mode.
- BUG: Allow signatures in image captions.
- FEATURE: Use the file system, not RAM, when rebuilding search index.
- FEATURE: Remove VQWiki parser - unsupported.
- FEATURE: Simplify the parser by removing the pre-save parser.
- FEATURE: Remove ability to upgrade from JAMWiki versions prior to 0.1.0.
- FEATURE: Add ANT target for building Javadoc.
- BUG: Table of contents should be enabled by default.
- FEATURE: Add experimental support for the DB2, DB2/400 and MSSQL databases.
- FEATURE: Updated Polish translations from Robert Matyja (dlpa).
- FEATURE: Updated German translations from Axel Kramer (axelclk).
The process for upgrading JAMWiki is:
- Download the latest JAMWiki WAR file.
- Back up all database and/or file data prior to upgrading.
- Back up the jamwiki.properties file and the logging.properties file that can be found in the /WEB-INF/classes directory.
- If you have created any virtual wikis, back up the web.xml file that can be found in the /WEB-INF directory.
- Install the new JAMWiki WAR file. See your web application server's documentation for instructions. Note that, if possible, any existing JAMWiki files should be deleted prior to upgrading.
- Copy the files backed up in steps three and four back into their old locations, overwriting any new files. You may also need to re-copy your JDBC jar file.
- View any page on the Wiki. You will be redirected to the upgrade page and any required upgrade steps will be automatically performed.
- If the upgrade fails consult the UPGRADE.txt document for details on performing a manual upgrade.