JAMWiki 0.4.1 is now available for download. This release fixes a bug during setup that could incorrectly report a database conflict.
See the README.txt and CHANGELOG.txt files for additional details about this release. Additional information and documentation can be found at http://jamwiki.org/. JAMWiki is distributed as a WAR file that can be deployed like any other WAR file. After restarting the web application server view the URL http://www.yourserver.com/context/ to begin the configuration process (context is the web application context root). For existing JAMWiki users see below for upgrade instructions.
IMPORTANT: While reasonably stable, the JAMWiki code is undergoing rapid development and should be considered beta software. Feedback and bug reports are appreciated and can be left at http://jamwiki.org/wiki/en/Bug_Reports.
- BUG: Fix a setup bug that could incorrectly report that a database already exists.
The process for upgrading JAMWiki is:
- Download the latest JAMWiki WAR file.
- Back up all database and/or file data prior to upgrading.
- Back up the jamwiki.properties file and the logging.properties file that can be found in the /WEB-INF/classes directory.
- If you have created any virtual wikis, back up the web.xml file that can be found in the /WEB-INF directory.
- Install the new JAMWiki WAR file. See your web application server's documentation for instructions. Note that, if possible, any existing JAMWiki files should be deleted prior to upgrading.
- Copy the files backed up in steps three and four back into their old locations, overwriting any new files. You may also need to re-copy your JDBC jar file.
- View any page on the Wiki. You will be redirected to the upgrade page and any required upgrade steps will be automatically performed.
- If the upgrade fails consult the UPGRADE.txt document for details on performing a manual upgrade.