JAMWiki 0.4.2 is now available for download. Major updates in this release include:
See the README.txt and CHANGELOG.txt files for additional details about this release. Additional information and documentation can be found at http://jamwiki.org/. Note that users of DB/2 may encounter errors as support is experimental at this time; bug reports are appreciated.
JAMWiki is distributed as a WAR file that can be deployed like any other WAR file. After restarting the web application server view the URL http://www.yourserver.com/context/ to begin the configuration process (context is the web application context root). For existing JAMWiki users see below for upgrade instructions.
IMPORTANT: While reasonably stable, the JAMWiki code is undergoing rapid development and should be considered beta software. Feedback and bug reports are requested and can be left at http://jamwiki.org/wiki/en/Bug_Reports.
- FEATURE: Add support for watchlists as described on http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Watching_pages.
- FEATURE: AdminOnlyTopics replaced by Special:TopicsAdmin.
- FEATURE: Upgrade to Spring Framework 2.0.
- BUG: Refreshing after a form submission should no longer cause information to be resubmitted.
- FEATURE: "Go To" button in search should redirect to search results if no such topic exists.
- FEATURE: Be more efficient with caching to improve performance.
- FEATURE: Add a checkbox to Special:Manage to delete/undelete an associated comments page.
- FEATURE: Provide an option to set maximum table of contents depth.
- FEATURE: After editing a section, page will now reload to that section.
- BUG: Fix parsing error when template parameters are preceded by whitespace.
- BUG: Fix error when uploading files with non-English file names.
- BUG: Recompile the HSQL JAR file to allow use with JDK 1.4.
- FEATURE: Remove option to disable topic versioning.
- BUG: Some unhandled exceptions could cause confusing error messages to be shown to the user, now fixed.
- BUG: JUnit 4.1 requires JDK 1.5, downgrade to JUnit 3.8.2.
- FEATURE: Update default start page text.
- FEATURE: Updated Polish translations from Robert Matyja (dlpa).
- FEATURE: Updated Hungarian translations from Daniel Tar (bDaneE).
The process for upgrading JAMWiki is:
- Download the latest JAMWiki WAR file.
- Back up all database and/or file data prior to upgrading.
- Back up the jamwiki.properties file and the logging.properties file that can be found in the /WEB-INF/classes directory.
- If you have created any virtual wikis, back up the web.xml file that can be found in the /WEB-INF directory.
- Install the new JAMWiki WAR file. See your web application server's documentation for instructions. Note that, if possible, any existing JAMWiki files should be deleted prior to upgrading.
- Copy the files backed up in steps three and four back into their old locations, overwriting any new files. You may also need to re-copy your JDBC jar file.
- View any page on the Wiki. You will be redirected to the upgrade page and any required upgrade steps will be automatically performed.
- If the upgrade fails consult the UPGRADE.txt document for details on performing a manual upgrade.